- Books & Catalogues
- History & Heritage Magazine
- Columbia County History & Heritage Spring 2021
Columbia County History & Heritage Spring 2021
"Dutch Culture in the Hudson Valley"
On the Cover: 'Landing of Hendrick Hudson, 1609, at Verplanck Point, New York' 1874 Hand-colored engraving, from the original 1835 canvas painting by Hudson River School painter Robert Walter Weir. Published by Martin Johnson & Company Publishers, New York. CCHS Collection
In this issue...
- Who Was "Dutch" in the Hudson Valley by Russell Shorto
- Van Alen-Northrup Papers: A New Reveal for an Old Family by Ruth Piwonka
- Lost in Plain Sight: Dutch Love of the Black Locust Tree by Roderic H. Blackburn
- Martin Van Buren's Biography by Peter Foley
- Going Dutch: Katrina, Ichabod and Kinderhook's Sleepy Hollow in Fact & Fiction by Jim Benton (reprint from Spring 2014)
- Hon. John R. Dunne 1930-2020 In Memoriam
- Dutch Influence on Vernacular Architecture by André Hoek
- Ichabod, Tintype photograph (unique print) by © 2020 David Sokosh, All Rights Reserved.
- Irving's Fantastical Histories of Dutch Families & Events by Lori Yarotsky
- Rip Returned, Tintype photograph (unique) by © 2020 David Sokosh, All Rights Reserved.
- Delft Tiles in Columbia County by Walter Richard Wheeler
- Before the Proprietors: the Dutch Origins of the City of Hudson by David William Voorhees
- The Apple Cider Doughnut: Monument to Dutch American Civilization by Jim Benton
- Director's Report by Executive Director Lori Yarotsky
- BOOK REVIEW: It's a Helluva Town, Joan K. Davidson, the J.M. Kaplan Fund, and the FIght for a Better New York by Roberta Brandes Gratz, reviewed by Bonnie Yochelson
- BOOK REVIEW: Adriaen van der Donck, A Dutch Rebel in Seventeenth-Century America by J. van den Hout, reviewed by Bob Peduzzi
- Letter from the Board of Trustees Co-Presidents by Alexandra Anderson & Bob Peduzzi
price includes $3.00 tax and shipping