Columbia County History & Heritage Winter-Spring 2019-2020
"Farming in Columbia County"
On the Cover: Photo © 2019 Kinderhook Farm, New York. All Rights Reserved.
In this issue...
- Farming and Agriculture in Columbia County by Jean-Paul Courtens
- Remembering The Pines: The Endangered Farrand Farm by Paul M. Barrett
- Paul T. Veillette 1926-2019 In Memoriam
- Why Not Girls?: Fannie French Morse's Pioneering Plan For Delinquent Girls to Farm by Russ Immarigeon
- Valatie Farm for Women by Jim Benton
- Wheat, Apples, and the Erie Canal by Jim Benton
- Prominent Local Orchards:
- Working Together on the Columbia County Farm Around 1800 by Martin Bruegel (reprint from 2008)
- County Route 28A ©2019 photograph by Diane Smook
- A Brief History of Wine in the Hudson Valley and Columbia County by Carlo De Vito
- Columbia County Agriculture: An Analytic Overview by Phil Giltner
- Mount Lebanon: Birthplace of the Shaker Seed Industry by Sharon Duane Koomler
- Farming Culture by Executive Director Lori Yarotsky
- BOOK REVIEW: Dutch New York, by Roger Panetta, Foreword by Russell Shorto; reviewed by Bob Peduzzi
- Letter from the Board of Trustees Co-Presidents by Alexandra Anderson & Bob Peduzzi
price includes $3.00 tax and shipping